Mixpanel

 photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-ABOUT.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-RECIPES.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-TRAVELGUIDES.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-ESSENTIALS.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-CONTACT.png

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Minty Pea Soup

Mint Pea Soup

Pea soup reminds me of my father and my grandmother. My dad actually hates peas; he refuses to eat them. And my grandmother probably never made this soup.

Mint Pea SoupApparently, my grandmother would buy canned peas, boil them to death, and then serve the boiled pea mush to my dad. No wonder my dad hates peas.

If my dad ate this soup growing up, he would like peas. Because this soup is delicious, fresh, and slightly creamy. It's perfect for the spring!

Z liked this recipe so much that he actually suggested we make it for dinner one night. Any time Z recommends a particular recipe, instead of just saying, "I don't know what I want for dinner, Hilary. Make anything," means that we have found a winner.

Mint Pea Soup
This soup is easy enough to make for dinner on a weeknight, I promise! I'm including the recipe with frozen peas, because who really has time to shell fresh peas?

Enjoy!

Mint Pea Soup

Mint Pea Soup

from Ina Garten

2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cups chopped leeks, white and green parts only (about 2 leeks)
1 cup chopped yellow onion
4 cups chicken stock
2 10-ounce packages of frozen peas
2/3 cup chopped fresh mint leaves, lightly packed
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup creme fraiche
1/2 cup freshly chopped chives

Heat the butter in a large saucepan. Add the leeks and the onion, and cook over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes, until the onion is tender. Add the chicken broth, increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil. 

Mint Pea SoupAdd the peas and cook for 3-5 minutes, until the peas are tender. Off the heat, add the mint, salt, and pepper. 

Puree the soup in batches, one cup at a time, and pour the pureed soup into a large bowl. Whisk in the creme fraiche and chives, then taste for seasoning. Serve hot! Top with additional creme fraiche if you would like. 

Mint Pea Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio