Mixpanel

 photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-ABOUT.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-RECIPES.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-TRAVELGUIDES.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-ESSENTIALS.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-CONTACT.png

Monday, March 9, 2015

Restaurant Raves: Souvla

I love cooking at home, I really do! But every home chef eventually needs a break from the kitchen. One of my favorite things about food is it's ability to help foster community. Restaurants are a key part of that. Imagine the Mission without Tartine and the taquerias!

So, in the spirit of community, good food, and good value, I'm going to start showcasing some of my favorite restaurants here on Hilary Stone Soup.

Today's restaurant, Souvla, is one of my newest obsessions. Whenever Z wants to go out to eat, I almost immediately suggest eating at Souvla.

Souvla is a Greek-inspired casual dining spot in Hayes Valley, San Francisco. During dinner and lunch, they have four main offerings: feta-brined rotisserie chicken, roasted lamb leg, pork shoulder, and a sweet potato vegetarian medley. You can get any of these in a gyro sandwich or in a salad, all under $15.

My personal favorite is the chicken salad. The salad comes with delicious roast chicken (perfectly moist and seasoned) with orange slices, pickled red onions, pea shoots, and delicious Greek-inspired ranch dressing. The salad is addicting. When I think about the perfect salads I've had in my life, this one makes the short list.


Souvla's received a lot of press lately from Bon Appetit Magazine and others, but Souvla is worth the hype.

Plus, the space is just gorgeous, right?

The TLDR:
-Get the chicken salad
-Hayes Valley, San Francisco
-$$

All images courtesy of Souvla



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio