Mixpanel

 photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-ABOUT.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-RECIPES.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-TRAVELGUIDES.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-ESSENTIALS.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-CONTACT.png

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Endive Citrus Salad with Avocado and Goat Cheese

Endive Citrus Salad I've been keeping this recipe a secret from you for quite some time now. I originally made this endive citrus salad back in December, and I immediately was smitten with how easy this was to make, yet it looked so impressive!

For those of you bundled up in lots of snow and cold weather, this light and citrusy salad is a burst of sunshine. It's the type of salad I would imagine eating on a white-sand beach, with a pina colada in my hand.

Endive Citrus Salad
I initially intended to make this salad for Z's and my Chanukah party--we put out a huge spread of appetizers (including latkes!) for friends, and this salad was supposed to be on the menu. I ended up not having enough time to make these between everything else that was going on (latkes were my top priority), but I made this salad a few days later and loved loved loved the results.

This endive salad looks so fancy--I love the idea of serving it at a cocktail party! But it's so delicious and easy to make, don't be surprised if this becomes one of your new go-to dinner options.

Endive Citrus SaladEndive Citrus Salad Endive Citrus Salad with Avocado and Goat Cheese

Recipe inspired by Smitten Kitchen and Jose Andres

3 oranges (I used one blood orange and two navel oranges, but I also really like Cara Cara oranges in this)
2 heads of endive
2 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
1 avocado, diced
Red wine vinegar
Olive oil
Freshly ground pepper
Flaky sea salt

Cut the tops and bottoms off of your oranges. Cut the peels, including the white pith, off of the oranges. Slice between the membrane and the orange segment so you can release the orange segments. Chop the orange segments once or twice so that they are not too big!

Trim the endives and add them to a platter. Place a spoonful of orange segments into each endive. Add a little bit of avocado and goat cheese to each endive.

Drizzle the endives with vinegar and olive oil, then sprinkle with pepper and salt to taste. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio