Mixpanel

 photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-ABOUT.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-RECIPES.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-TRAVELGUIDES.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-ESSENTIALS.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-CONTACT.png

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Hibiscus Mint Tea and Hibiscus Lillet Cocktail


During the summer, there is nothing more refreshing than iced tea. In the evenings, I reach for iced tea without caffeine, so I can actually get some sleep!

At Baked & Wired last week, I went out on a limb and tried the hibiscus mint iced tea instead of my typical iced coffee. Not only was the iced tea incredibly refreshing, it also seemed so easy to recreate at home. I would serve this at summer dinner parties all season long!

After trying out this iced tea, I spotted a hibiscus tea cocktail recipe from Bellocq. Considering that it was a cocktail with both hibiscus tea and my favorite aperetif, Lillet, I knew I also had to share this recipe.

Hibiscus Mint Tea

1 quart water
4 hibiscus tea bags
6 sprigs of washed fresh mint leaves

Bring the water to a boil on the stove, then add in tea and mint leaves. Let steep for at least 10 minutes. Let cool, then serve over ice. Garnish with fresh mint if desired. 

Hibiscus Lillet Cocktail

from Bellocq

3 parts hibiscus tea, cooled
1 part Lillet
Sugar, to taste

Combine ingredients in a large glass, then pour over ice and serve. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio