Mixpanel

 photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-ABOUT.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-RECIPES.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-TRAVELGUIDES.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-ESSENTIALS.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-CONTACT.png

Monday, March 3, 2014

Thai-Inspired Salmon and Kale Salad

I love salad, particularly any salad with avocado.  Add a thai-inspired vinaigrette, kale and roasted salmon, and I might be in love. This salad is often my brown bag lunch of choice, though some nights it makes for a great dinner. I particularly enjoy it after my gym workout, when I have just spent 45 minutes lifting weights, and I feel like continuing my health kick.

The vinaigrette is inspired by David Chang's recipe. I know, fish sauce sounds weird. It is weird. It's basically a sauce made out of anchovies and salt. But, I do promise it will add flavor to this salmon, and bring in a taste of Southeast Asia. I keep it stocked in my fridge for faux pho and green curry. I promise it sounds weird, but give the poor fish sauce a chance! It'll be a match made in heaven.

Go get your workout on, then come back and revel in this healthy Thai-inspired salad.

Thai-Inspired Salmon and Kale Salad

The vinaigrette will make more than enough salad dressing; store it in the fridge to use for the rest of the week!

Fish sauce vinaigrette:
1/2 cup fish sauce
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
Juice of one lime
1/4 cup sugar (I used brown sugar, but any type is fine)
1/2 inch cube whole ginger
1 garlic clove
A few drops of Sriracha

Salad:
3/4 cup of chopped kale
1/4 cup shredded carrots
1 shallot, chopped into small pieces
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 avocado, sliced
1 3oz fillet of roasted salmon

  • Combine all the ingredients in a small food processor.

  • Blend until the vinaigrette ingredients are well combined.


  • Combine the kale, carrots, shallot, pepper, and avocado in a bowl.  Toss with two tablespoons of fish sauce vinaigrette. 
  • Place the salad onto your serving plate. Add the roasted salmon.  Add additional vinaigrette according to your tastes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio