Mixpanel

 photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-ABOUT.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-RECIPES.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-TRAVELGUIDES.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-ESSENTIALS.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-CONTACT.png

Monday, March 17, 2014

Anniversary & Hot Fudge Sauce

To everyone reading this blog, I am so sorry that you are going to have to suffer through an incredibly mushy love note to my boyfriend, Zach, in honor of our anniversary today...

To my fantastic boyfriend--
The past four years have been absolutely wonderful, and I am excited for so many more to come. Thank you for taking me on numerous ice cream dates, wearing button down shirts though I know you hate them, telling me "good night, beautiful" every single night, being my chaperone boyfriend at Taylor Swift concerts, and bringing laughter into my life, even when we are close to 3000 miles apart. Most importantly, I am so incredibly grateful that you love not only who I am now, but also who I can be, and you continue to challenge me to be the best version of myself every single day.


If Zach and I were spending the day together, we would definitely eat ice cream sundaes. From Paris to Ljubjana to San Francisco, we have eaten much, much more than our fair share of hot fudge sundaes.

Today's recipe for hot fudge sauce is so easy that even someone like Zach, who probably eats out every single day, could make it. You simply dump everything into a pot, and stir.  We have Nancy Meyers, the genius behind "The Holiday" and "Something's Gotta Give", to thank for this recipe (and David Lebovitz, since he was so kind to share it in his book The Sweet Life).

This recipe is perfect when you're at home with that special someone. Homemade hot fudge sauce in under five minutes, plus the person you love? Sounds perfect to me. 

Nancy Meyer's Hot Fudge Sauce

From The Sweet Life by David Lebovitz
Makes 1 cup of hot fudge sauce

3 tablespoon butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup heavy cream
Pinch of salt

Throw all of the ingredients into a saucepan, and turn the heat onto medium.
Stir over low heat, until all the butter is melted.  Then, continue stirring for 3-5 more minutes, until the sugar is melted and the sauce is smooth.
Serve immediately over ice cream!

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, I just made this and boy was it good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you tried it and liked it, Lynn! It's still one of my favorite go-to dessert recipes. :)

      Delete

 

design + development by kelly christine studio