Mixpanel

 photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-ABOUT.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-RECIPES.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-TRAVELGUIDES.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-ESSENTIALS.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-CONTACT.png

Monday, October 27, 2014

Favorite Finds: Sprig

In DC, I brought my lunch almost every single day. There were a ton of great lunch options near my office, but very few were healthy. Packing my own salad Monday through Friday was the only way I could guarantee both a healthy and delicious lunch.

Here in SF, I have been eating out more (mostly due to Z's aversion to cooking and doing dishes), and though there are the typical (and atypical!) fast-casual places to stop into, my new favorite go-to is Sprig. Sprig is part of the new crop of food/tech start-ups that are bringing food to you on demand.


I have tried quite a few meals from Sprig, and I am incredibly impressed! The food is always really fresh, unlike some companies that deliver luke-warm or soggy food. 

And they try to use sustainable and local produce and meat, which is always a plus to see. They try to source produce from no more than 150 miles away, and the meat is hormone-free, antibiotic-free, cage-free, and a whole bunch of other free's. 

Oh, and the best part? Food is delivered typically within 20 minutes, straight to you.

Sprig has a great rotation of lunch salads, and I particularly like their buffalo chicken salad. Typically, I refuse to eat buffalo chicken wings--they are too one-dimensionally spicy and too greasy. This salad definitely has heat, but it balances nicely with a cool blue-cheese dressing, crunch carrots and celery, and crisp lettuce. 


Later this week, I will be racking and stacking all of the food delivery start-ups, so check back this week for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio