Mixpanel

 photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-ABOUT.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-RECIPES.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-TRAVELGUIDES.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-ESSENTIALS.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-CONTACT.png

Friday, April 11, 2014

Greek Turkey Burgers

Thanks to this gorgeous weather, it finally feels like spring! I went out and saw the cherry blossoms last night, and I must say, they were stunning. This warmer weather is getting me so excited for the weekend! I cannot wait to spend all day Saturday outside.

Follow me @hilstone on Instagram for more updates!
And with the warmer weather, I am more inspired to cook lighter, healthier, food. I already shared my healthy Greek yogurt dip which I love paring with veggies. It also works as the perfect sauce for this Greek-inspired Turkey burgers! 

I love the feta, dill, and red onion filling in these turkey burgers. I made the burgers without spinach, but feel free to add it in for an extra iron and vitamin boost. 

Check back tomorrow for some interesting weekend reading links! 

Greek Turkey Burgers

Serves 4
From Ellie Krieger

2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 small onion, chopped
2 cups lightly packed baby spinach, roughly chopped
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 1/4 lean ground turkey breast
1/4 teaspoon salt

Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the feta cheese, dill, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. 



Divide the turkey into 4 equal-sized rounds. Make 2 equal sized patties out of each round so you have 8 patties total. 


Put 2 tablespoons of the spinach-feta mixture onto half of the patties. Top with remaining patties, and seal the edges of the burgers closed. Season the burgers on both sides with the remaining salt and pepper.


Spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray, and heat over medium high. Grill patties until cooked thoroughly, about 5 minutes on each side.


I served mine on a slice of toasted whole wheat bread with avocado, roasted red peppers, and the Greek yogurt dipping sauce.  Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio