Mixpanel

 photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-ABOUT.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-RECIPES.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-TRAVELGUIDES.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-ESSENTIALS.png photo HilaryStoneSoupHeader-CONTACT.png

Monday, August 11, 2014

Favorite Finds: Steve's Ice Cream

I love love love ice cream. If I had to pick one dessert to eat for the rest of my life, it would probably be ice cream. Needless to say, I am extremely excited about being in SF, thanks in part to the multitude of specialty ice cream stores popping up.

Even at the local grocery store though, there seems to be more and more options for artisanal ice cream. So long Dreyers, and hello, salted caramel bourbon ice cream. From McConnell's to Graeter's to Jeni's, there are lots of specialty ice cream options now at the corner market.

Recently, I decided to try a pint or two of Steve's Ice Cream when I was at the grocery store. My favorite was Mexican Chili Chocolate--a creamy chocolate ice cream with cinnamon, cayenne, and chili chocolate pieces. It's a perfect combination of spicy and sweet. I am eager to try their dairy-free flavors, including Carrot Habanero Pepper and Dark Chocolate Salty Caramel!


Steve's started as the neighborhood ice cream shop in Boston in the 1970's, and it pioneered mix-ins in ice cream (thank you Steve, for your contribution to society). Though the original Steve's no longer exists, a former employee, David Stein, purchased the brand. After moving the company to Brooklyn, they began making specialty ice creams again, focusing on unique and delicious flavors. I'm glad they are back, and I am excited to see what's next for them!

You can purchase Steve's Ice Cream via their website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio